Cleaning the jute products is the only challenge for the jute products. Jute start rotting when it comes in contact with water or moisture, so the utmost care should be taken while cleaning jute products. Following are some best methods to clean jute made rugs, carpets and mats without damaging them:
- First of all try to use such mats and rugs in the dry areas of the house where there is minimum chances of moisture and getting wet.
- Also avoid to place them in high traffic areas to avoid setting dust and the wear and tear.
- Vacuum clean regularly so that they do not get much dirty.
- You can use carpet cleaner and mild soap with water. But after cleaning with soap and water, dry them as quickly as possible. Make sure you do it on a sunny and breezy day.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the stains and vacuum after 10 minutes.
- If stains are tough then spray some hydrogen peroxide(H2O2) on the stains and rub the stains with a brush after 10 minutes.
Also visit us at G+.
Other Useful Resources:
Facts and FAQs About Jute and Jute Products
Jute Articles for Wall Decoration
Eco Friendly Jute Products for Home
Benefits of Jute and Jute Products
Different Types of Jute Products - Slide Show